The World Fair Trade Organization says about this day on their website:
“The World Fair Trade Day is an initiative of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO) that takes place on 11 May 2013. It is a worldwide festival of events celebrating Fair Trade as a tangible contribution to the fight against poverty, climate change and the economic crisis that has the greatest impact on the world’s most vulnerable populations. A third of the world’s population lives on less than two dollars a day. The global crisis confirms the need for a fair and sustainable economy locally and globally. Trade must benefit the most vulnerable and deliver sustainable livelihoods by developing opportunities for small and disadvantaged producers. Millions of producers and traders, business and policy makers, supporting organizations and volunteers have contributed to the substantial growth of Fair Trade. Fair Trade makes a difference. Fair Trade Organizations are pioneers and change makers.”
This is the reason why we are passionate about Fair Trade products!
We would also like to add a few specific points to the ones mentioned above.
- We want to support artisans and conserve Indian tradional arts and crafts. As the lifestyle is chaning fast in developing countries and more and more people eager to live a “western” life they tend to forget their own roots. We wish that buy selling more of these products the young generation in India will understand the value of their culture.
- We want to demonstrate that Fair Trade can be trendy and it is not only a model for small NGO´s and groups in niche areas.
- We hope bring quality products to Europe that are unique and stylish – at the same time we can support the artisans in India.
- We want to support local projects with the profits made from the business. Our customers have the option of choosing which project they would like to support.
- We want to offer greater flexibility to wholesalers and retailers as well as single buyers! We can offer customized solutions to different target audiences.
Fair Trade is the way to go!